Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF II) Report
March 31, 2021
Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students Quarterly Funding Report – Distribution as of March 31, 2021
Under the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021 (CRRSAA), Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF II), the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising (FIDM) received education stabilization funds designated exclusively for emergency financial aid grants to students. Pursuant to guidance issued by the Department of Education through the Federal Register published on May 13, 2021, we are providing the following information about the funds we have received, and how, and to whom, we have distributed them.
- On January 15, 2021, the institution signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students required to receive funds allocated under CRRSAA (a)(4). The institution intends to use the funds solely to provide emergency financial aid grants to students.
- The total amount of funds that the institution has received from the Department pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement specifically for HEERF II emergency financial aid grants to students is $1,446,442.
- The total amount of emergency financial aid grants distributed to students under CRRSAA (a)(4) as of the date of this Fund Report is $0.
- The estimated total number of students at the institution eligible to receive emergency financial aid grants under CRRSAA (a)(4), as of the date of this Fund Report is 700.
- The total number of students who have received an emergency financial aid grant under CRRSAA (a)(4) as of the date of this Fund Report is 0.
- The method the institution used to determine which students receive emergency financial aid grants and how much they would receive under CRRSAA (a)(4): The institution used a range of Expected Family Contribution (EFC) to determine which students would qualify for a grant. The grant was set at a fixed amount for each student.
- The guidance the institution provided to students concerning the emergency financial aid grants was provided via email. The email instructed students to respond via their Student Portal account to indicate their choice of receiving a check or having the grant applied to their student account.