Your story begins here
Named a Top 10 Graphic Design School by College Magazine and one of the Top 10 Sustainable Fashion Schools in the World by the University Network, our MBA, B.A., B.S., and A.A. degrees are taught by a prestigious faculty composed of notable talent such as Emmy®-award winner Tom Henkenius; Grammy®-award winning designer Kevin Reagan; Cross Colours co-founder TJ Walker; Emmy®-award winning costume designer Jacqueline SaintAnne; and Morgan Di Stefano, Vice President of Communications for Disney Channels, among many others.
At FIDM, we believe in a dynamic classroom approach that integrates knowing and doing. Via Classroom Partner Projects and FIDM SuperLabs™, students generate innovative design and business solutions for top brands, giving students the opportunity to collaborate with companies, build their portfolios, and put what they’re learning in the classroom to work.
Our Industry Partnerships are with some of the world’s most recognizable and influential brands. Classroom collaborators include Disney, Nike, Nars, Victoria’s Secret, PacSun, Converse, Levi’s, Pixar, and so many more. Part-time work and internships with companies like J Brand Jeans, L’Oréal, ColourPop, NBC Universal, Nordstrom, and Anthropologie are an integral part of the curriculum.
FIDM Alumni include world-renowned designer Monique Lhuillier; Rea Ann Silva, Founder of Beautyblender; Marvel’s VP of Franchise Creative & Marketing, Sarah Truly Beers; Kia Ragland, Director of Global Product Development at Smashbox Cosmetics, costume designer Trish Summerville (Red Sparrow, Westworld, Gone Girl, Hunger Games: Catching Fire); Angelica Villegas, Senior Art Director at Lady Gaga's Haus Laboratories; Johanna Lageder, Senior Production Manager for Set+Stage Creative; Partner, President of TV/Streaming & Gaming at Create Advertising, Jonathan Gitlin, and that’s just to name a few.
We have over 50 years of experience helping students build an incredible network as they gain knowledge and job experience, so that when they graduate, they’re ready to launch a successful career.
FIDM's engaging learning environment and rigorous programs of study develop graduates who become leaders in the industries of global design and business. Under the guidance of faculty who are industry professionals, FIDM Students learn to strategically integrate design thinking with technology, producing work that is grounded in critical and creative thought. FIDM Graduates embrace cultural diversity and ethical choice while advancing the well-being of their communities.
A letter from FIDM’s founder:
Welcome to FIDM. Welcome to your future.
You have unique aspirations for your life and FIDM offers the educational pathways and guidance to discover the successful future you envision.
We’re a one-of-a-kind college of the applied arts, where your creative talent, academic engagement, and determination are fostered by a dedicated faculty and staff. You’ll also be energized by fellow students from diverse backgrounds, across the country and around the globe, with creative objectives and ideas like yours.
Part of the stimulating campus life at FIDM comes from career guidance, student activities that include challenging projects, exposure to industry experts, and cultural experiences.
FIDM is strategically located for immersion in California's vibrant life and business climate that offer endless undertakings and activity. Key industries are entertainment, fashion, business management, action sports, and the arts.
We invite you to take a bold step, walk through our doors and join our learning community. You’ll uncover not just the profession that you imagine, but the knowledge to take you there.
“As you walk, and sometimes run, through your future, take time each day to enjoy the journey.”
FIDM Founder and President
This special board, composed of community leaders, provides oversight for the quality and integrity of the college. Its members ensure that students receive educational programs of high quality, promote the college's unique response to community needs, and enthusiastically support the international goals of the college.
- Eddie Guerboian, Board Chair
- Angela Hawekotte, Member
- Byron Hayes, Jr., Member
- Steven Hirsh, Member
- Tonian Hohberg, FIDM President; Director
- Lois von Morganroth, Member
- Gene Nitchman, Member
- Sharon Ryan, Member
- Carol Schatz, Member
- James Travers, Member
- Shirley Wilson, Member
This exceptional group of industry and community leaders plays a vital role in our ever-evolving curriculum.
- Colleen Atwood, Costume Designer
- Trisha Biggar, Costume Designer
- William E. Conner, III, President/CEO – William E. Conner & Assoc., Ltd.
- Giovanni Di Pasquale, Accademia Internazionale Koefia
- Diane von Furstenberg, Chairman/President – Diane von Furstenberg
- Tim Gunn, Author/Mentor – Project Runway
- Steven Hirsh, Cooper Design Space
- Norma Kamali, Designer – OMO Norma Kamali
- Karen Kane, Vice President and Creative Director – Karen Kane, Inc.
- Lonnie Kane, President – Karen Kane, Inc.
- Tom Kennedy, President – Sperry
- Sally Sirkin Lewis, President/CEO – J. Robert Scott
- Bob Mackie, Elizabeth Courtney Costumes
- Maurice Marciano, Chairman Emeritus – GUESS?, Inc.
- Paul Marciano, Co-Founder – GUESS?, Inc
- Ilse Metchek, President – California Fashion Association; Executive Director – Textile Association of Los Angeles
- Ellen Magnin Newman, Ellen Newman Associates
- Zandra Rhodes, Zandra Rhodes (UK), Ltd.; Rhodes House
- Alex Roldan, Alex Roldan Salon
- Henri J. Sillam, Jewelry Designer
- Roel Vossen, Founder/Managing Director – Frontline Clothing, Ltd.
- Jacqueline West, Costume Designer
- Clive Wilkinson, President – Clive Wilkinson Architects
Our Board and Staff are committed to excellence and work tirelessly to ensure that students receive the highest quality education.
- Tonian Hohberg, President
- Barbara Bundy, Vice President – Education
- Belinda Harding, Vice President – Admissions, Marketing
- Tess Stolzer, Vice President – Treasurer
- Paige Adamczyk, Director – Digital Cinema, Digital Media
- Anne-Marie Allen, Creative Director – Theatre Costume Design
- Todd Anderson, Director – Security
- Denise Baca, Campus Director/Admissions Director – FIDM Orange County Campus
- Sheryl Badalamenti, Director – Admissions, FIDM San Francisco Campus
- Miguel Barragan, Director – Apparel Technical Design, Merchandise Product Development
- Anne Bennion, Chairperson – Fashion Knitwear Design, Textile Design, Design
- Cheryl Bensmiller, Manager – eLearning
- Michele Bobak, Director – European Affairs
- Connie Man Bolognone, Director – Student Advisement Operations
- John “Buddy” Bolognone, Director – FIDM Facilities
- Kenneth Chang, Assistant Chairperson – Apparel Industry Management, Menswear
- Lana Colvin, Senior Director – Community & Educational Affairs, Speakers Bureau
- Lisa Davis, Executive Assistant to the Vice President – Education; Title IX Coordinator
- Tricia Edwards, Assistant Chairperson – Special Projects
- Eva Gilbert, Chairperson – Apparel Technical Design, Merchandise Product Development, Merchandising & Marketing
- Michael Gilbert, Registrar
- Tom Henkenius, Director – Digital Marketing, Graphic Design
- Susan Jenkins, Director – Admissions Operations
- Chris Jennings, Director – Student Financial Aid
- Mike Kaminski, Director – Publications, Web Marketing Operations
- Kevin Keele, Director – Alumni Relations & Career Center
- Wendy Klarik, Executive Director – Career Center
- Saima Latif, Director – Academic Computing, IT Technical Services
- Gene LeBrock, Chairperson – Digital Cinema, Digital Media; Director – FIDM Productions
- Roni Miller Start, Dean – Academic Development; Accreditation Liaison Officer; Chairperson – Apparel Industry Management, Menswear
- Robert Montenegro, Director – Security
- Dina Morgan, Chairperson – Interior Design
- Dennis Morrison, Assistant Chairperson – Business Management
- Paul Olszewski, Creative Director – FIDM Campus Visuals and Special Projects
- Cynthia Patino, Director – Entertainment Set Design & Decoration, Visual Communications
- David Paul, Co-Chairperson - Fashion Design, Fashion Design Advanced Study, Film & TV Costume Design, Theatre Costume Design
- Christina (Tina) Perez, Director – Beauty Business Management, Beauty Marketing & Product Development
- Sheryl Rabinovich, Dean – Education; Chairperson – General Studies, Professional Studies
- Sarah Repetto, Director – International Affairs
- Jacqueline SaintAnne, Creative Director – Film & TV Costume Design
- Lisa Schoening, Dean - Academic Development; Accreditation Liaison Officer
- Rose Sgroi, Director – Fiscal Operations
- George Sims, Chairperson – Business Administration, Business Management
- Amanda Starling, Chairperson – Special Projects, Textile Science; The Business of Denim; Co-Chairperson, International Manufacturing & Product Development
- Lynne Stroner, Campus Manager – Education & Career Center, FIDM Orange County Campus; VA School Certifying Official
- Mimi Su, Director - Merchandising & Marketing
- Jonie Thomas, Assistant Chairperson - Fashion Design
- Lyn Tobman, Chairperson – Beauty Business Management, Beauty Marketing & Product Development, Digital Marketing, Entertainment Set Design & Decoration, Graphic Design, Visual Communications
- Ella Van Nort, Director – Retail Operations, FIDM Scholarship Foundation
- Nick Verreos, Co-Chairperson - Fashion Design, Fashion Design Advanced Study, Film & TV Costume Design, Theatre Costume Design
- Ben Weinberg, International Student Director; Articulation Officer
- V. Kim Wetzel, Executive Director - Human Resources; ADA 504 Compliance Coordinator; Campus Director/Education Director – FIDM San Francisco Campus
- Shirley Wilson, Public Relations, Publicity, The Wilson Group