Important Updates for the Fall Quarter 2020
September 15, 2020
Dear FIDM Students,
As the first day of class approaches, our paramount goal is to help you not only stay safe, but thrive, as you continue to achieve your educational and career goals.We recommend carefully reviewing the PDF of Course Information by Major and consulting our Fall 2020 FAQs, which should answer many of the questions you may have about your coursework as well as on-campus and online resources.
In the coming quarter, we invite you to experience all the exciting changes that have grown from the challenges of the past few months:
- We have a new Black Student Union and other new clubs and activities that support the diversity that is integral to our vibrant, creative community.
- We are adapting current courses and developing new ones to support diversity, equity, and inclusion in education, including the new course Perspectives On Diversity.
- Students will collaborate virtually on the next issue of FIDM’s student-run MODE Magazine. We encourage you to join them. Contact Student Activities for details.
- Our students and faculty have found that connecting online has increased class participation in new and different ways, including opportunities for more guest speakers and virtual mentorship.
- Over the last several months, we have built up a library of videos and tutorials that you can re-watch outside of class when you are working on your assignments.
Although virtual learning has its challenges, the response from students has been overwhelmingly positive, with many students feeling more connected with their classmates and instructors than ever.
We are thrilled to start the Fall 2020 Quarter and embark on a new school year with all our new and returning students. As you move forward through the coming weeks, we urge you to stay focused on your future. Our staff and faculty are here with the tools, resource, and experience to guide you in this life-changing journey.
In collaboration and alignment with public health authorities, our plans and protocols will adapt and evolve, but our hope is to have some in-person class meetings and labs and campus resources available by appointment.
Join us as we continue to help create the world we want to live in. There’s no better time than now.
Sincerely and with best wishes,
The FIDM Board of Administration
P.S. Save the dates! The Fall 2020 New Students Virtual Orientation will be held on Monday, October 5 and Tuesday, October 6. Be on the lookout for your email invitation to the Zoom Virtual Orientation. Sign into the portal on October 5 for additional details.