Civic Awareness and Community Service
We're all in this together
FIDM knows how important it is to give back to the community in which we live. That’s why students are encouraged to participate in volunteer community service. Organized through the Student Activities Office, it provides a critical component to the educational experience and future employability of students by giving them the opportunity to strengthen their leadership skills while making an important difference in the world.
Past activities have included:
- Beach clean-ups
- Tutoring young children or spending time with the elderly
- Food/clothing drives
- Working at a soup kitchen
- Donating blood or organizing a blood drive
- Working at a pet shelter
- Serving meals at the Ronald McDonald House
- Working at the LA Regional Food Bank
- Partnering with Las Familias Preschool for Holidays and Summer Carnival
FIDM urges students to take full advantage of their time here and participate in volunteer community service, either through student organizations or on their own.
The Student Activities Office provides voter registration forms or online information to all students. Voter registration information can also be found on the California Online Voter Registration website https://registertovote.ca.gov