Transfer Students

Transfer Students

Are you ready to thrive in an inspiring environment among talented peers and mentors? We provide transfer and degreed students with the resources and support to make a successful transition to FIDM. Our Admissions Advisors work closely with students to maximize transfer credits and apply them to FIDM courses of study.

For applicants who already have a college degree, we offer 14 one-year A.A. Professional Designation degree programs exclusively for students just like you. Upon completion of the accelerated degree, graduates may enroll in our focused Bachelor’s or Advanced Study degree programs.

For applicants who have completed some college units, our transfer services team is available to help determine which of your college credits apply to degree coursework at FIDM. We work closely with you for a quick turnaround on credit evaluations in addition to offering exclusive scholarships for transfer students.


FIDM accepts students on a rolling basis as classroom space permits. You may apply at any time up to the beginning of a quarter. We strongly encourage you to apply as early as possible.


Request Info


Visit any of the campuses on Wednesdays at 3:00 p.m. for a Campus Tour & Transfer Student Info Session. Learn More

Transfer Credit Polices

Transfer Grade Policies

All transfer courses graded Pass/No Pass or Credit/No Credit are computed at Credit/No Credit are computed at neutral value, except in those cases where the specific grading symbol is identified by the source institution as equivalent to a grade less than C in which case it will be taken at face value.

All transfer course grades or symbols used to designate unsatisfactory, failing, or non-passing work at time of withdrawal such as UW, WU, or WF are evaluated as failing grades (F) unless otherwise defined by the source institution. FIDM only awards applicable course credit for courses taken at other institutions to which the student received a grade of C- or higher.

Transfer Credit from Overseas Institutions

Credit is granted from recognized overseas institutions. Awarding of advanced standing varies depending on the educational system of the country. All applicants educated outside the U.S. are required to have their credentials evaluated by World Education Services (WES). WES evaluations constitute non-binding advisory opinions only. Where FIDM's assessment of any credential(s) differs from that of WES, FIDM makes all final determinations regarding course/grade/credit/GPA equivalencies, degree equivalencies, and the award of any transfer credit for coursework completed (as provided in FIDM's transfer credit evaluation).

Military Credit

The American Council on Education (ACE) collaborates with DoD to review military training and experience and recommend appropriate college credit for members of the Armed Forces. ACE provides quality assurance and policy guidance for the Joint Services Transcript (JST) used by the Army, Marine Corps, Navy, and Coast Guard. FIDM will consider the guidelines set forth by ACE.

International Baccalaureate (IB)

FIDM awards academic credit for test scores of four (4) or higher on individual higher-level IB courses and also for the completion of the IB Diploma. Credit is awarded at the time of matriculation and is based on the scores earned on the IB examinations. All credit awarded will be recorded on the student's permanent record and will be included in the credit total toward degree requirements. Credit will be awarded for 100-and 200-level course work. Credits awarded may count toward the major program or general education requirements. Questions regarding IB credit equivalencies should be directed to the office of FIDM's Dean of General Studies.

Credit Through Standardized Testing (CLEP and DANTES)

Students may earn college credit through College Level Examination Placement (CLEP) with a Score of 50 or higher, or Defense Activity for Non-Tradition Education Support (DANTES). Examinations must have been taken before the student has been granted A.A. or B.A./B.S. degree-seeking status at FIDM. Students cannot receive CLEP credit for exams taken after matriculation at FIDM.

Advanced Placement (AP)

Students entering from high school may apply for college credit by taking examinations given by the Advanced Placement Program of the College Entrance Examination Board. Students who have taken any of these examinations should arrange to have the results forwarded to FIDM by the College Board. As determined by the FIDM, applicable credits will be awarded for AP scores of three (3) or higher and awarded credits may count toward the major program or general education requirements.

Related Pages

Course Equivalencies Guides

Transfer to FIDM
Learn More

Articulation Agreements

Transfer from FIDM
Learn More

Latest News

Learn More