STDcheck.com HIV-Postive Scholarship
Through their nonprofit division, STDcheck.com offers scholarships to HIV-positive college students.
Scholarship awards vary from $250 - $5,000 and will depend on the essay, academic transcript, citizenship, and HIV-status of the student.
$250 - $5,000
Additional Selection Criteria
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens who are currently enrolled or planning to enroll full time in a college or university for the following semester in the United States.
- Applicants must be HIV-positive and be willing to submit to a free-of-charge STDcheck.com HIV test as proof of HIV-positive status (Applicants in states where STDcheck does not have a testing center can submit proof via verification from a physician that applicant has HIV).
- Applicants must submit their official transcripts from previous academic years with their application (from their high school if an incoming freshman, or from college if an undergraduate or graduate student).
- Applicants must submit an essay at least 400 words in length with their application that answers the following prompts: how the applicant contracted HIV, how HIV has affected the applicant’s life, and what the applicant wishes those living without HIV knew about living with the virus.
For online application, go to: https://www.stdcheck.com/scholarship-application.phpThe STDcheck.com HIV-Positive Scholarship applications are reviewed every month and are given out on the last Monday of each quarter. The only exception is the last quarter when applicants will be notified prior to the holidays. Therefore, the applications do not have a deadline (for the current or following semester, depending upon individual institution’s financial aid deadlines).
Applicants will be notified of their scholarship application status by the end of the following months:
What Will You Do With My Essay?
All submitted essays and portions of essay submissions may be used by STDcheck.com. All names and identifying information will be kept confidential outside the Scholarship Program.
STDcheck may anonymously quote or publish portions of or entire submissions on the STDcheck.com website, social media, or other media or broadcast publications under the condition that anonymity will be kept for all scholarship applicants.
By submitting the above scholarship requirements, you acknowledge and agree to these terms and conditions and consent to your essay submission possibly being published in whole or in part anonymously.
For questions regarding the STDcheck.com HIV-Positive Scholarship, please call our support line at 1-800-456-2323 and ask to speak with the Scholarship Department.
For the application or more information go to:
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- The Gates Scholarship
- Love Your Career Scholarship
- Congressional Black Caucus Foundation Scholarships
- Courage to Grow Scholarship
- Get Up Get Active Scholarships
- Horatio Alger Association Scholarships
- Lime Connect Scholarships
- NSHSS Scholarships
- American Legion Scholarships
- Environmental Awareness Scholarship
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarships
- A.R.F.O.R.A. Scholarships
- I. Magnin Scholarship
- WithIt Scholarship Program
- AKA-EAF Scholarships
- College Jumpstart Scholarship
- IETF College Scholarship
- International Essential Tremor Foundation Scholarship
- The Coleman Furniture Design Scholarship
- PAVE Scholarships and Grants
- Bryan Cameron Education Foundation Scholarship
- College is Power Scholarship
- CAHP Foundation Scholarship
- Creative Safety Supply Scholarship
- Pedro Zamora Young Leaders Scholarship
- SPIO Scholarships
- LD Resources Foundation Award Program
- Majux Marketing Scholarship
- American Graphics Institute Design Thinking Scholarship
- Gen and Kelly Tanabe Scholarship
- Minecraft Scholarship
- Platt Family Essay Contest
- Patsy Takemoto Mink Education Foundation
- Montana Silversmiths Pursuit of Excellence Scholarship
- NCLD Scholarships
- Boomer Benefits Scholarship
- Clubs of America Scholarship
- The Achieve Today Scholarship Fund
- Creative Outlook Cover Contest
- Go Skills Scholarship
- Key Thinkers Scholarship
- Embracing Our Differences Art Contest
- SchoolHouse Connection Scholarship
- Future Designer Scholarship
- Good Tidings Foundation Scholarship
- Design a Shirt Scholarship
- Dragonfly Digital Marketing Scholarship
- Blankstyle Scholarship Fund
- AFP and CC Police Family Survivors College Scholarship