Platt Family Essay Contest
1st Prize - $1,500
2nd Prize - $750
3rd Prize - $500
Full-time undergraduate students attending an American college/university
Additional Selection Criteria
- Please examine the rules below closely before contacting The Lincoln Forum or the contest coordinator with eligibility questions.
The scholarship essay contest is designed for students who are FULL TIME, undergraduate students in an AMERICAN COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY during the Spring 2022 semester. The July 31 deadline is designed to give these students time to finish their essays, if need be, after final exams.
You do not have to be an American citizen, but you do need to be attending an AMERICAN COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY during the eligibility period.
It is NOT open to high school students. Key question to consider; when we contact your college or university registrar will they be able to confirm that you were enrolled as a full-time college student during the spring 2021 semester? If the answer is no, you are not eligible.
The eligibility of entrants will be confirmed by the Lincoln Forum prior to the awarding of prizes.
Entries will be judged by the essay committee of The Lincoln Forum.
Deadline for entries is July 31, 2022
Entries must contain a minimum of 1,500 and a maximum of 5,000 words.
Essays may be submitted via regular mail (postmarked by July 31, 2022) or via e-mail (time stamped before midnight July 31, 2022) to the address below.
The essay must be typed and include a works-cited page or bibliography. End notes are suggested but not required.
There is no application form for the contest. The essay and your contact information serves as your application.
Applicants must include the name of their college or university with their entry and all contact information (regular and email address) must be put on the essay proper.
Judging will take place during the fall. The three winners will be announced at the Lincoln Forum annual meeting in Gettysburg on November 18th. Checks from the Lincoln Forum will be sent to the winners in December 2022. The scholarship prize money is designed as a reward for academic excellence. It can be used for any purpose the winner desires.
The essay can be sent via email ( e-mail: email@example.com ) or regular mail to the address below.
Don McCue, Director of The Lincoln Shrine in Redlands, California serves as coordinator of the Essay Contest.
If the above information does not answer your question please contact:
Don McCue, Director — Lincoln Memorial Shrine
125 W. Vine St.
Redlands, CA 92373
phone: (909) 798-7632
July 31, 2022
Information not given
For the application or more information go to:
- Tips For Writing a Scholarship Essay
- The Gates Scholarship
- Love Your Career Scholarship
- Congressional Black Caucus Foundation Scholarships
- Courage to Grow Scholarship
- Get Up Get Active Scholarships
- Horatio Alger Association Scholarships
- Lime Connect Scholarships
- NSHSS Scholarships
- American Legion Scholarships
- Environmental Awareness Scholarship
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarships
- A.R.F.O.R.A. Scholarships
- I. Magnin Scholarship
- WithIt Scholarship Program
- AKA-EAF Scholarships
- College Jumpstart Scholarship
- IETF College Scholarship
- International Essential Tremor Foundation Scholarship
- The Coleman Furniture Design Scholarship
- PAVE Scholarships and Grants
- Bryan Cameron Education Foundation Scholarship
- College is Power Scholarship
- CAHP Foundation Scholarship
- Creative Safety Supply Scholarship
- Pedro Zamora Young Leaders Scholarship
- SPIO Scholarships
- LD Resources Foundation Award Program
- Majux Marketing Scholarship
- American Graphics Institute Design Thinking Scholarship
- Gen and Kelly Tanabe Scholarship
- Minecraft Scholarship
- Platt Family Essay Contest
- Patsy Takemoto Mink Education Foundation
- Montana Silversmiths Pursuit of Excellence Scholarship
- NCLD Scholarships
- Boomer Benefits Scholarship
- Clubs of America Scholarship
- The Achieve Today Scholarship Fund
- Creative Outlook Cover Contest
- Go Skills Scholarship
- Key Thinkers Scholarship
- Embracing Our Differences Art Contest
- SchoolHouse Connection Scholarship
- Future Designer Scholarship
- Good Tidings Foundation Scholarship
- Design a Shirt Scholarship
- Dragonfly Digital Marketing Scholarship
- Blankstyle Scholarship Fund
- AFP and CC Police Family Survivors College Scholarship