We use cookies to enhance your experience. By continuing to visit this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Policies & Disclosures


Transfer of Coursework

Coursework taken at another accredited college will be considered if there is an equivalent course at FIDM that is required for a specific major and the grade on a course already completed elsewhere is a grade of Pass or a minimum grade of "C-" (70%). Students must request a transfer credit evaluation from the Education Department before or during the first quarter of attendance at FIDM. Applicants for Veterans benefits must be evaluated prior to attending the first class. All documentation of transferred work must be submitted and evaluated prior to the start of the student’s second quarter so the student can select the correct classes. Transcripts must be official (stamped and signed by the Registrar of the college previously attended). They become a part of the student’s academic file and are not returned or copied for distribution. If a course was transferred in to FIDM but the student enrolled in that class, once brought to the attention of the college, a grade of “W” will replace the grade earned and the transfer class stands. Students currently registered in a class for which the prerequisite course was waived, or equivalent units were transferred from another institution, must go to their Department Advisor because books and supplies may need to be purchased for the transferred course.

FIDM also accepts students holding prior degrees for upper division transfer into selected programs. Check with an Admissions Advisor to confirm eligibility.