FIDM’s eLearning Program is a collaborative online learning environment that connects students to their classmates and faculty. Our online courses provide the same quality outcomes as traditional in-classroom learning, including immediate access to valuable campus resources such as the the FIDM Library and our Career Advisors.
Whether you’re a current student looking to take a few courses online, or a prospective student considering a purely online degree program such as Merchandising & Marketing Professional Designation or the Bachelor of Science in Business Management, our online learning tools will help you succeed.
eLearning courses are subject to availability. Please see your advisor for more information.
FIDM offers educational opportunities through distance education. Colleges offering the opportunity to take classes outside of their state must be authorized, or exempt from authorization for each state in which they offer those courses. No assumptions of availability should be made on the part of the student until checking with FIDM's Admissions or Student Advisement Departments.
The following eligibility requirements are for current FIDM Students only.
- Students must check their FIDMCloud Mail account daily.
- 2.80 or above cumulative GPA is required.
- F-1 status students must have 12 units in residence on campus per quarter. One of the four courses may be online.
- Students are required to own their own computers, and be savvy with navigating the internet, working with email and web attachments, and be comfortable communicating with others online through chat and web meetings.
- Students must meet all the prerequisites for a course.
- Continuing students must be registered in at least one on campus course before they can register for an online course (except for students in a 100% online program).
- Registration for online classes is only available on published registration dates.
The technical requirements for the program are as follows:
- Windows 7 (for PC), OS X 10.11 and up (for Apple)
- Latest version of Firefox
- Microsoft Office suite
- VLC media player
Additional Plug-ins (for Windows and Apple)
A USB headset and optionally a web cam may be required for courses that have online meetings; students will be advised of this requirement, if applicable, at registration. Always refer to the course syllabus for any and all course requirements the instructor may have.
For 24-Hour eLearning Support, call 1-866-FIDM-HELP. For eLearning Support during business hours (Monday - Friday; 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.), please send an email to email@example.com or follow @FIDMeLearning on Twitter. At the time of a technical support request, be prepared to provide your full name, FIDM student ID number, course name and your email address. To access additional support resources, log in to the eLearning System at http://elearning.fidm.edu.