The best way to submit Housing Applications is through the FIDM Portal. Due to limited availability and to ensure your space, an early application is recommended.
1) If paying by credit card apply on the FIDM Portal. Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover are accepted.Payment is accepted by credit card or cashiers check only (debit cards will not work).
2) If paying by cashiers check go to the FIDM Portal, complete and print the application. Submit your printed application with full payment by postal mail.
All apartments are 2 BR/2 BA units. The same rates apply to all properties. Rates are subject to change in January of each year.
Shared bedroom / shared bath $3300 per student / per quarter
Private bedroom / private bath $6600 per student / per quarter
Please Note: There is a one-time, non-refundable $300 Housing Placement Fee.
Space is assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Space is reserved only if you have received an acceptance letter from the Student Housing Office.
FIDM/ Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising Attn: Housing 919 South Grand Avenue
Los Angeles CA 90015
1) A completed application includes both rent and housing placement fees. The housing placement fee is non-refundable. Rental fees are refundable with 30 day notice (prior to move-in date).
2) Students will receive an automated written confirmation receipt via e-mail. When submitting an application via the student portal, a housing acceptance letter will follow which will include complete details regarding move-in dates, what to bring, etc.
3) Approximately 3 weeks prior to the scheduled move-in date students will receive a housing assignment via e-mail. Please be sure FIDM has your current e-mail address. (Also be sure your e-mail box is emptied each day; a full box will block our communication.)
4) We highly recommend submitting housing applications through the FIDM Portal. If you prefer a paper application, print and complete the application forms. Please remember only completed applications with all fees will be considered.