The best way to submit Housing Applications is through the FIDM Portal. Due to limited availability and to ensure your space, an early application is recommended.
1) If paying by credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover) - apply on the FIDM Portal.
2) If paying by cashiers check - go to the FIDM Portal, complete the application, and print it. Submit your printed application with full payment by U.S. Postal.
Please Note: There is a one-time $300 Housing Placement Fee.
All apartments are 2 BR/2 BA units. The same rates apply to all properties. Rates are subject to change in January of each year.
Shared bedroom / shared bath $3000 per student / per quarter
Private bedroom / private bath $6000 per student / per quarter
Space is assigned on a first-come, first-served basis:
SUMMER 2014 - May 15, 2014
FALL 2014 - August 15, 2014
WINTER 2015 - November 15, 2014
SPRING 2015 - February 15, 2015
919 South Grand Avenue
Los Angeles CA 90015
Space is reserved only if you have received an acceptance letter from the Student Housing Office.
1) A "completed" application includes both rent and housing placement fees. The housing placement fee is non-refundable. Rental fees are refundable with 30 day notice (prior to move-in date). Housing Contract/Refund Policy (PDF).
2) Students will receive an automated written confirmation receipt via e-mail. When submitting an application via the student portal, a housing acceptance letter will follow which will include complete details regarding move-in dates, what to bring, etc.
3) Approximately 3 weeks prior to the scheduled move-in date students will receive a housing assignment via e-mail. Please be sure FIDM has your current e-mail address. (Also be sure your e-mail box is emptied each day; a full box will block our communication.)
4) #1 RECOMMENDATION for submitting housing applications is through the FIDM Portal. If you prefer a paper application, print and complete the application forms. Please remember only completed applications with all fees will be considered. Housing Application Form (PDF)
Take a tour of FIDM Student housing options at the four California campuses and hear students talk about their experience.